Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lullaby



Sleep now my little boys,
put away your playthings and toys.
It's time to rest and head for the cradle,
to slip into dreams and play with angels.

When you awake on the morrow,
the world shall be free of sorrow.
When you open your bright brown eyes,
you will first see clear blue skies.




Tomorrow, no child will die of hunger.
Mothers will live in fear no longer.
We will fight no more, no trample each other.
We will all embrace, calling "sister" and "brother".




You will no longer learn the words I knew,
"Crisis", "charity", "starving", " so few".
You will no longer talk to neighbours over the fence.
No more will we murder people and call it "defence".

You will not learn how to tell lies,
you will never wipe another tear from your eye.
You will no more feel anger, hate and shame,
nobody telling you, "You are not the same."

This perfect world I hope to bequeath to you,
free from the failings I now go through.
My little angels, you deserve no less
than a world that's free from grown-ups' "success".

Sleep now my little boys,
put away your playthings and toys.
And now it's time for my goodnight kiss.
Sleep now and wake to a world of bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment