Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Greatest Love of All






I had problems falling asleep when I wrote this. Well, I was already asleep, when a large explosion awaked me. Turns out, the explosion was in my dreams. So I thought maybe some writing would help me sleep.

Yesterday, I attended the 15th graduation ceremony of Tadika Seri Soka (TSS). Tun Jeanne Abdullah was the guest of honour.

Seeing the bright, joyous faces of the children that graduated yesterday, I wonder how the road of life would be like for them from now. Looking at their faces, and at the photo of my baby nephew’s entire hand gently clutching my finger, I pray that we, as adult members of society, have the will to make this world and safe and happy place for them.

The first president of the Soka Gakkai , Tsunesaburo Makiguchi said, “Rather than devise complex theoretical interpretations, it is better to start by looking at the lovely child who sits on your knee and ask yourself. What can I do to assure that this child will be able to lead the happiest child possible?”  ‘’

This word from Whitney Houston’s great song, The Greatest Love of All, perhaps sums it up best:

I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be



To all the princes and princesses who achieved a great victory yesterday, may you be happy and victorious throughout your lives! Do not let the thrashing waves in the sea called life defeat you.

I also realized that I was old enough to be their father...

No comments:

Post a Comment