Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quotes about Music

Here are some really good quotes related to music that I've read recently:


“I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me  – like food or water.” – Ray Charles

“It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.” – Benjamin Britten


“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” – Victor Hugo

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley

“Ah, music! A magic far beyond all we do here!”
  J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”  
Sergei Rachmaninov

“Music is spiritual. The music business is not.”  
Van Morrison

"A painter paints pictures on canvas.  But musicians paint their pictures on silence."  
  Leopold Stokowski


No comments:

Post a Comment