Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Big Bad Wolf Sale 2

Went to the Big Bad Wolf Sales twice over the last week at Amcorp Mall. The organisers said that this sale had twice as many books as the previous sales in June. I thought that I would have an easy time buying on the first day (26 November), but what a shock I got! There were tons of people there, jostling for space and books.

But it was a good thing. It was good to see Malaysians braving all these for books, instead of lining up simply for cheap sushi and ice-cream. It's good to see that there are so many of my fellow Malaysians who are hungry for books, just like me. I would say that there was not a single bad deal, with prices of books mainly at RM 8-10. It's a steal. Purchased 10 books in total, for just RM 77. I got quite a few gems myself, among them:

1.  A Global Guide to Interfaith - a great books on interfaith initiatives around the world.
2.  Love, Life, Goethe - a biography of the great German literary master, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
3.  AIDS Sutra: Untold Stories of India - a collection of writings on the AIDS phenomenon in India. Features works from some of India's most well-known writers like Salman Rushdie, Kiran Desai and Vikram Seth. Foreword by Nobel laureate Amartya Sena and introduction by Bill and Melinda Gates.
4.  The Wicked Wit of Benjamin Franklin
5.  Beyond Mine and Me by Gurmit Singh

6.  The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Yayyy!!!)

The Road has been made into a film, and in terms of emotional strength, it will probably be much better than 2012.

Still, I have to watch my spending, and couldn't spend as much time, or buy as much as I would have loved to.

Great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment