Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Poem in 3 Pictures


Pink: Why do bow, sullen and melancholy,

Your beautiful face, carrying a look so weary


Red: On my mind, there is much that lingers

Each hour, each day, I see a little less clearer.


Pink: Sing to me what is on your mind

Some of your troubles I may help unbind


Red: While we live amidst such luxurious greens,
The world around us is breaking into pieces
I cannot ignore what I have seen.

War denying a child her mother’s warm kisses

Ripped apart from the soil, the trees are wailing in pain.

Vultures circling a dying child’s bloated frame,

his eyes are glassy, hands clutching air in vain.

He dies, not because the rains came late,

but because his brother will not share his plate.


Pink: It is true, humans do things that are strange,

Laughing so merrily, while killing their brother.

From where we stand, they seem deranged

All that is beautiful, they are so eager to smother.


Red: Though we and them are not the same breed

saddened by their plight, I cannot but weep

Here we are, chained to our stems

not a thing can we at all do for them.





Pink: Each of us have our own unique mission

What you must do is bring yours to fruition

All you have to do smile and bloom

And soon you will brighten the gloom.

The burdens of the world,

alone, too heavy it is to shoulder.

If we join hands together,

no mountain we cannot scale

no river we cannot tame

no storm we cannot weather

nothing can stop

a youth’s endeavour.


Red: Yes, that is right, and I see what you say

there is no point bowing in dismay

Only with hope, only with courage

Can we usher in a new age

I am a flower, a flower of youth

My eyes are gleaming, sparkling with truth

Neither the burning sun, nor the thunderous rain

Shall dampen my spirit, or cause me pain.

Armed with the sword of Truth,

riding on a steed called Justice

waving the banner of Hope

blowing the horn of Victory.



If you saw this in Facebook, the original formatting may be lost. Go to http://cosmicdinesh.blogspot.com/ to see the original posting. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment